Sunday, April 19, 2009

Quilting...


I am happy to introduce you to my first ever quilt "Traveling Bunnies."
Aren't they adorable?
(These pictures do not do it justice.)

I can take very little credit for the finished product. And all the OOZZEE and AAWWH"S go to my sister Angela.

Angela sent me the fabric with this handy dandy chart that she put together to make it as easy as possible for me.


Even then, there were phone calls to her with questions like:
Q: Me,
How do I use the wonder Under?

A: Angela,
-Rough side of Wonder Under to wrong side of fabric.
-Iron on "Cotton setting" 5 to 6 seconds per area.
-"Warning"! Do not drag the iron across the fabric, pick it up and set it down on the fabric.
Etc. Etc. Etc.

After a few phone calls, (some loooong phone calls) and working on them for about a month I had my bunnies put together on their background fabric awaiting the journey to my sister's home. The day finally arrived and the Bunnies and I boarded the plane. When we got to her home my sister went to work--it was wonderful watching her weave her magic freehand style with her long arm quilting machine as I sat surrounded by colorful fabrics and beautiful quilts that she had created and displayed on the walls all around the room---soooo cozy!
I flew home a week later with my first quilt, ready to enjoy. It was my birthday present from her. Great present huh?

Here is a few close-ups of a couple of the bunnies.


The book we got the bunny template from is "Another nice mix" by Gerry Kimmel.
Its actually called "Walking Rabbit"

Until next time:-)

2 comments:

  1. Love that Quilt! Its so cute! Keep those posts coming! LUV it! Your just as talented as Angela!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great looking quilt if I do say so myself. When is your next one coming?

    ReplyDelete