Saturday, May 9, 2009

Oh! What A Beautiful Morning!!!


I stepped out my front door the other evening about 11:30 and a wonderful fragrance floated by. The scent of our lilac bushes. I stood still for a moment, breathed deep and took it all in.

I have a notebook I keep on questions for my Heavenly Father. One of these questions has been.
Q: Couldn't you have made the lilacs bloom for more than a few weeks?

Answer ??? I haven't received one.
But on pondering my question, I see it as one more lesson God teaches us. " Stop and smell the roses or lilacs" and to appreciate and show gratitude for what's right before our eyes--for soon it will be gone.





These pictures are not very clear, but it looks as if they have their lunch in their beaks. Compliments of our backyard:-)


Our pretty Iris bulbs we received from my sister Penny she planted them for us a few years ago. I love the color! Don't you?
Our new update to our yard. A kind neighbor who works in concrete is going to pour us and him a concrete driving area, here...,(see picture below) which connects our property lines. Now it will be a much nicer surface to get to the backyard through the gate with equipment and garden soil etc.
And now to close with this gentle song and evening picture taken from my bathroom window.
(Excuse the screen)

Now the Day is Over
Now the day is over; Night is drawing nigh;
Shadows of the evening Steal across the sky.

Jesus, give the weary Calm and sweet repose;
With thy tend'rest blessing May our eyelids close.

Text: Sabine Baring-Gould, 1834-1924
Music: Joseph Barnby, 1838-1896


Goodnight~

No comments:

Post a Comment