Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Observation

People could add joy and meaning to their lives if they took time to observe their surroundings.
Helen Keller


I have had this precious Gardener's Journal by Mary Engelbreit for about twelve years (It is now sadly out of print) and I have never used it. I decided that this would be the year. It has a place to draw in your property boundaries and then grids for drawing to scale, porches, sheds, walkways, garden areas, trees, etc.. It also has a month to month summary area to write in what you have done each month in your yard. It has a place to write about your future plans and also an area to put before and after photos.


And now, (drum roll please), a preview of the beginnings of our garden.

A tender Lettuce plant

A brave Radish plant has pushed itself through the soil.



Helen Keller said:

...Use your eyes as if tomorrow you would be stricken blind.
Here the music of voices, the song of a bird, the mighty strains
of an orchestra as if you would be stricken deaf tomorrow.
Touch each object you want to touch as if tomorrow your
tactile sense would fail.


And now, last but defiantly not least, an update on our egg number 3.
1)Clean back porch.
2) Plant flowers in containers on front porch.

A friend and I went to pick my Mother up to spend Easter week with us, while I was gone Morgyman cleaned the back porch:). And for the containers on the porch? I'm going to go with my Mom this week to the nursery to pick out flowers to plant in them. With the Holiday we are one week behind on our eggs, sooo egg number 4 will be opened this Sunday.

UPDATE: While I was writing this post I let the dog outside and surprise.!!!..it is snowing, the ground is covered in beautiful white, along with my peas, lettuce's, beets, and radishes. Sigh...

as Tasha Tudor quotes "Take Joy"
Bye for now:-)

2 comments:

  1. Love to see the beginnings of spring. Especially new seedlings pushing there way up through the soil. Cute gardening Journal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Mary's stuff! Love your Blog it is so cute! So glad that I can see it! Can't wait for more!:) luv Brigette

    ReplyDelete