Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Humpty Dumpty Sat On A Swing

Doesn't this picture just make you smile : )

This print by Scott Gustafson, is titled "Humpty Dumpty Sat On A Swing."
My husband and I were at a gallery and we saw this picture on canvas, framed. It instantly made me think of a picture of my son "little MorgyMan" when he was a baby, the laugh on Humpty Dumpty was just like my sons. It was love at first sight for me but alas it was priced at $600.00 which was not in my budget. My husband saw sitting on a table the book "Favorite Nursery Rhymes from Mother Goose, Illustrated by Scott Gustafson. We looked through the book and lo and behold in its pages was the above print. Tony said, "lets buy the book and you can cut out the picture and frame it. " So that's exactly what we did. I've hung it temporarily in my family room until my "nursery hall" area walls are ready to hang pictures on, then it will be transferred to the stair hallway.

When our boys were younger all of us would put puzzles together. Some of the puzzles we had were of art work from Scott Gustafson. I love his children illustations. Some of my favorite are "Pat-a-Cake", "Peter, Peter Pumpkin Eater", "Jack and the Beanstalk" and "Goldilocks and the Three Bears".

I also received a signed copy of "Classic Fairy Tales" Illustrated by Scott Gustafson in 2008 for a Christmas present from Tony. Sadly, Jack and the Beanstalk didn't make it into this book because of time constraints on the Illustrator. So I am researching on where and if I can purchase a print to frame. We used to have Jack and the Beanstalk in puzzle form, but that has disappeared over the years and can not be found.

But in the meantime I had some fun with this picture using "picnik". And here is what I turned it into just for fun........



that smile is so contagious....

:-) : } :-) : } :-) Have a Happy Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment