Saturday, July 31, 2010

My Country Tis of Thee

I can hardly believe it's the last day of July. Summer is flying by~and with it the Celebration of Our Country on July 4th. To help us celebrate the 4th this year I made this banner. It's made out of my very favorite material, "felted wool". I already had my white wool felted, so I took some red and blue wool from my stash that I had collected and I "felted" it. Then I started cutting everything out and putting it together. I was running out of time to get it completed by the 4th so my dear husband joined in and helped me make the pendants. And then he hung it up for me.

I love working with felted wool it feels "meaty" as if your working with something substantial and not wimpy. And when layered it looks even better. It turned out just as I had hoped. Except that I possibly should have made it a little larger.





Let us live in such a way so that, "God Can Bless America"!

And now on to August :)

No comments:

Post a Comment