Monday, March 1, 2010

Felted Wool Embroidery Keeper


I have recently finished my "Embroidery Keeper". I love it. Now I have most of my "tools" all in one place, ready to pick up and embroidery whatever project I'm working on. It was also the second time I had ever "felted my own wool". It was a fun project.


And here it is opened to reveal all the little compartments. The pocket on the far left is to hold the embroidery floss. In the middle portion is a pocket to hold the scissors, a pocket to hold a pen or pencil for any tracing that's needed and then there is a pin cushion. On the far right is a removable needle keeper and the heart below has two little pocket areas to hold incidentals. Here I have some buttons in it.

In this picture I've opened the needle keeper so you could see inside.

And here I've taken the scissors out to show that I added a plastic covering to the bottom of the scissors because it kept snagging on the wool as I would put it back in the pocket. Finally I decided to take the covering off of a pair of tweezers and put it on the bottom of my scissors and it worked perfectly. No more catching on the fabric. I bought the pattern from Crab Apple Hills Studio, I really had fun working on it. I am also making one for my sister with a pink wool inside lining. I can't wait to finish it so I can send it to her. We are both working on a quilt from Crab Apple Hills and it has alot of embroidering on it. It seems that embroidery is making a come back...:) So try it, you'll like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment