Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Shakespeare, To Ruff Or Not To Ruff---That Is The Question...


Here is our loyal family dog Indy, modeling a Shakespearean Ruff collar that I made.
Do you really think he was sitting there so nicely for the picture--no way!

What you don't see is that I am holding up a piece of chicken lunch meat above the camera to help encourage him to let me take the picture. He was so excited to get the meat that he kept doing flips and rollovers constantly, it really took some effort to calm him down and have him sit still.


It was really fun to make these, and here is a quick description of how it was accomplished.

1. I first measured Tony's and then Morgy Man's and then Penny's, necks, and added about 1 inch to that measurement or less.
2. I then used 4 inch wired ribbon (from my craft storage for Tony and Morgy). Penny bought the ribbon you see on Indy, from Michaels.
3. It took approximately 4 to 6 yards of ribbon per Ruff Collar.
4. I used a ruler to measure how wide I wanted each pleat (between 1 inch and 1 1/2 inches ).
5. I than pleated the whole length of ribbon .
6. I then took needle and thread and "sewed" through each pleat at the side that would be around the neck, to draw the ribbon tight to form a circle.
7. I then attached ribbon at each end opening, so it can be tied around the neck.
8. Voila!!! All done, what fun!!!

I have now made two of these in different ribbons. When I have made enough of them I will have a Shakespeare party and everyone attending will be encouraged to wear one.
I can't wait!!!

Bye for now`:~)

No comments:

Post a Comment